Do you like candy? How about hair pieces? Why not save your candy wrappers and turn them into hair pieces? The article “Easter Day DIY project: Candy wrapper barrettes” by Beth Buczynski tells you what you need and how to do it. Now, we know it isn’t Easter, but this arts and crafts project is still fun and can be implemented any time of year.
- Candy or gum wrapper that is at least 5.5” long
- Clear, shiny tape
- Barrette with spring clip
1. Measure and cut four pieces of wrapper to these sizes: Cut one piece each: 5.5” x .5”; 4.5” x .5”; 3.5” x .5”; 1.5” x .5”
2. Create a loop with the longest piece and wrap a thin piece of tape around the middle of the piece pinching the center and creating two loops with the piece. Repeat this for the next two pieces.
3. Take the shortest piece and create a loop. Secure the loop with a piece of tape.
4. Stack all four pieces on top of each other with the shortest piece on top and ending with the longest piece.
5. Place the stacked pieces on top of the barrette. Place a piece of tape through the center of the shortest piece and wrap around the other pieces securing it onto the barrette.
Enjoy your new barrette!